- Rivian, a Plymouth, Mich.-based manufacturer of electric SUVs and pickup trucks, raised $350 million from Cox Automotive.
- JobTeaser, a Paris-based recruitment and career guidance platform, raised $55 million in funding. Highland Europe led the round, and was joined by investors including Alven, Idinvest Partners, Seventure Partners and Korelya Capital.
- Atlas Obscura, a Brooklyn, N.Y.-based experiences and media company, raised $20 million in Series B funding. Airbnb led the round, and was joined by investors including A+E Networks and New Atlantic Ventures.
- Q-CTRL, an Australia-based quantum computing start-up, has completed a US$15million Series A round. Square Peg Capital led the round, and was joined by investors including Sierra Ventures.
- Caper, a Brooklyn, N.Y.-based AI-powered shopping cart, has raised $10 million in Series A funding. Lux Capital led the round.
- Voxpopme, a U.K.-based video feedback and analytics company, raised $9 million in Series A1 equity financing. Origin Ventures led the round.
- Hawthorne, a North Charleston, S.C.-based tailored personal care brand for men, raised $8 million in Series A funding. Imaginary Ventures led the round, and was joined by investors including Comcast Ventures, Founder Collective, Shana Fisher, Yael Alflalo, and Tom Chapman.
- Realized, an Austin, Texas-based technology-enabled platform that provides wealth management solutions for investment properties, raised $6 million in Series A funding. Calibrate Ventures led the round, and was joined by investors including Rice Park Capital.
- New Culture, a San Francisco-based maker of animal-free dairy cheese, raised $3.5 million in seed funding. Evolv Ventures led the round.
Cyware Labs, a New York City-based threat intelligence sharing and cyber fusion product-based security company, raised $3 million in seed funding. Emerald Development Managers led the round.
- Meditation.live, a Miami Beach, Fla.-based platform that provides enterprise and consumer - wellness solutions, raised $3 million in funding from SoftBank Capital NY.
- Moodify, an Israel-based company that is developing scent solutions for improved performance and well-being, raised $1.6 million in funding. Next Gear Ventures led the round, and was joined by investors including Toyota AI Ventures.
HEALTH & LIFE SCIENCES DEALS
- SGI-DNA, a La Jolla, Calif.-based developer of synthetic genomics technologies and DNA data storage solutions, raised $25 million in Series A funding. Northpond Ventures led the round, and was joined by investors including Oxford Finance and BroadOak Capital Partners.
|Content From GOLDMAN SACHS |
Discover Launch with GS
Goldman Sachs knows investing in women is smart business. Through Launch With GS, Goldman Sachs is working to narrow the gender investing gap by investing $500mm in women-led companies and investment managers. Learn more
PRIVATE EQUITY DEALS
- KKR acquired a majority stake in Burning Glass Technologies, a Boston-based real-time labor market data source. Financial terms weren't disclosed.
- Full In Partners agreed to acquire a “significant” stake in ServiceCore, a Tinton Falls, N.J.-based provider of business management software for the liquid waste and roll-off rental industry. Financial terms weren't disclosed.
- SSB, which is backed by Strattam Capital, acquired HEPdata, a Leesburg, Va.-based matching gift solution and employment data provider. Financial terms weren't disclosed.
- Shermco Industries Inc, which is backed by Gryphon Investors, acquired NextGen Technologies Ltd, a North Vancouver, British Columbia-based electrical testing services provider. Financial terms weren't disclosed.
- Cimarron Healthcare Capital recapitalized Infusion Management. A Thousand Oaks, Calif.-based provider of infusion treatment services to patients. Financial terms weren't disclosed.
- Cerberus Capital Management LP agreed to buy Axsesstoday Ltd. (ASX:AXL). Financial terms weren't disclosed.
- Luminate Capital Partners made an investment in MSI Data, a Mequon, Wisc.-based provider of field service management software.
- Arcline Investment Management acquired a majority interest in Akron Biotechnology LLC, a Boca Raton, Fla.-based manufacturer and supplier of cell culture and cell biology products. Financial terms weren't disclosed.
- Prosus, a company housing the internet assets of South African media firm Naspers, is worth around $136 billion in early trading in Amsterdam. Read more.
- Shanghai Henlius Biotech, launched its Hong Kong IPO to raise up to $477 million, Reuters reports citing the term sheet. Fosun International backs the firm, and plans to raise up between $3 billion to $3.5 billion in the offering. Read more.
- CloudFlare, a San Francisco-based web performance and security company, plans to raise $455 million in an IPO of 35 million shares priced between $13 to $14, up from a previous $10 to $12. The firm posted revenue of $192.7 million in 2018 and a loss of $87.2 million. Fidelity, Venrock, NEA, and Pelion Ventures back the firm. It plans to list on the NYSE as “NET.” Read more.
- Baxter International, Inc. (NYSE:BAX) agreed to acquire portfolio company Cheetah Medical, for $190 million up front cash consideration, with potential for an additional $40 million based on clinical and commercial milestones. The seller was HighCape Capital LP.
- Carousel Capital sold Joe Hudson’s Collision Center, a Montgomery, Ala.-based automotive collision repair services company, to TSG Consumer Partners. Financial terms weren't disclosed.
- Mallinckrodt agreed to sell BioVectra Inc, a Canada-based contract development and manufacturing company, to H.I.G. Capital for about $250 million.
FIRMS + FUNDS
- Providence Strategic Growth Capital Partners, an affiliate of Providence Equity Partners, a private equity investment firm, raised $2 billion for its fourth fund.
- Americana Partners named Michael Mithoff as a managing director and head of private equity.
- Digital Bridge named Geneviève Maltais-Boisvert as a principal to its investment team.
- Alex Arfaei joined Pappas Capital as a partner.